The accelerating deployment of large-scale web, cloud, Big Data, and virtualized computing systems has introduced serious new challenges in performance optimization. Until now, however, little reliable, practical information has been available to IT professionals who are responsible for running these systems efficiently and cost-effectively.
Systems Performance: Enterprise and the Cloud is the solution. Internationally renowned performance optimization expert Brendan Gregg brings together state-of-the-art techniques and tools for analysis and tuning of large-scale web/cloud computing environments.
Gregg focuses on Linux/Unix/Solaris performance issues, while offering proven methodologies and discussing key issues that apply to all enterprise operating systems. Coverage includes:
- Modern performance analysis and capacity planning, including key issues such as latency and dynamic tracing
- New performance and reliability challenges associated with cloud computing
- Methodology, concepts, terminology, tools, and metrics
- Key tradeoffs, including problems of load vs. architecture
- Tuning operating systems, CPUs, memory, file systems, disks, networks, and busses
- Tuning virtualized systems
- Programming language issues related to performance - including application profiling for C, C++, Java, and node.js
- Benchmarking strategies and pitfalls, including custom microbenchmarking
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Page Count (est.): 792
Pub Date: 10/16/2013