This title has not yet been published (see below for estimated publication date). If you choose to preorder, your credit card or PayPal account will not be charged until then. You'll receive an email confirmation when we ship your order. You may cancel your order anytime by emailing email@example.com
Increasingly, virtualization administrators and architects must have a deep understanding of networks. However, many have come to virtualization from other IT backgrounds, and do not have the knowledge they need to interact effectively with network specialists or solve problems with virtual networks. Networking for VMware Administrators fills this crucial gap, illuminating the core concepts required to "speak the language" of networking, and showing exactly how they apply to VMware vSphere.
Drawing on their extensive experience architecting, delivering, and troubleshooting virtual networks with VMware, Cisco, and other technologies, Christopher Wahl and Steve Pantol address all this and more:
- Physical networking: concepts, models, Ethernet, hardware, protocols, VLANs, routing/Subnetting, and more
- Virtual switching and how it differs from physical switching
vSphere standard and distributed switch concepts, terminology, configuration, and design
- Third party switches, including Nexus 1000v: architecture and overview
- Storage networking: use cases, design, and configuration
- Other design scenarios: 1 Gb Ethernet, 10 Gb Ethernet, blade servers, converged traffic, and virtual NICs
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: VMware Press
Page Count (est.): 350
Pub Date: 3/24/2014