This market-leading text serves as a valued reference for those who will interact with databases in future courses and careers. Renowned for its accessible, comprehensive coverage, it provides a solid introduction to database systems and applications.
Extensive coverage includes:
- Basic topics such as modeling, diagrams, relational algebra/calculus, SQL, normalization.
- Advanced object database, mining, XML, and security.
- Advanced modeling discussions in the areas of active, temporal, and spatial databases.
- Physical database design and tuning.
- Current database application areas of GIS, genome, and digital libraries.
- The relational approach, including modeling, design, algebra and calculus, and query languages.
- Both traditional ER model and UML in data modeling material.Clear explanations of theory and design, broad coverage of models and real systems, and an up-to-date introduction to modern database technologies result in a leading introduction to database systems. Intended for computer science majors, this text emphasizes math models, design issues, relational algebra, and relational calculus.
p>A lab manual and problems give students opportunities to practice the fundamentals of design and implementation. Real-world examples serve as engaging, practical illustrations of database concepts. The Sixth Edition maintains its coverage of the most popular database topics, including SQL, security, and data mining, and features increased emphasis on XML and semi-structured data.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Page Count (est.): 1172
Pub Date: 4/2/2010