This title has not yet been published (see below for estimated publication date). If you choose to preorder, your credit card will not be charged until then. You'll receive an email confirmation when we ship your order. You may cancel your order anytime by emailing email@example.com
There's a fast growing audience of Mac OS X developers who are getting comfortable with Apple's Cocoa framework and now want to take their skills to the next level. Many of them began with Aaron Hillegass's classic book, Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X. Now, in More Cocoa Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
, Hillegass and colleague Juan Pablo Claude show experienced Cocoa developers how to build Cocoa applications that work better and do more than ever before. Starting from a basic sample application, you will walk through adding powerful new functionality, one step at a time. As you do, you'll master valuable Cocoa tips and tricks that can't be found in any other book. The authors' detailed, example-rich coverage includes:
- Uncovering the secrets of Cocoa's text system–and making the most of it
- Incorporating support for Spotlight, Quick Look, AppleScript, and other advanced OS X platform technologies
- Providing more effective help and accessibility features
- Delivering applications as packages
- Implementing automatic updates via Sparkle
- Using unit testing to deliver more reliable code
- Incorporating graphics and animations into your software
...and much more!
This title is part of the new Big Nerd Ranch Guides series: the world's best books on Mac and iOS development, straight from the world's #1 Mac programming trainers–Aaron Hillegass and Big Nerd Ranch!
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Page Count (est.): 355
Pub Date: 10/8/2014