What Every Android™ App Developer Should Know Today: Android Tools, App/UI Design, Testing, Publishing, And More
This fully reworked edition of a proven title is the most useful real-world guide to building robust, commercial-grade Android™ apps. The content is revised and updated for the latest Android 4.3 SDK and the newest development best practices. Introduction to Android™ Application Development: Android Essentials covers all you need to quickly start developing professional apps for today's Android devices. Three expert developers guide you through setting up your development environment, designing user interfaces, developing for diverse devices, and optimizing your entire app-development process-from design through publication. Updated throughout, this title includes extensive coverage of the most useful new Android tools and utilities. It adds an all-new chapter on planning an amazing Android app user experience, plus extensive new coverage of unit testing, dialogs, preferences, and app publishing. Throughout, key concepts are taught through clear, up-to-date example code.
This edition offers
- Fully updated introductions to the latest Android 4.3 APIs, tools, utilities, and best practices
- Up-to-date strategies for leveraging new Android capabilities while preserving compatibility
- Navigation patterns and code samples for delivering more intuitive user experiences
- Example-based explanations of ActionBars, DialogFragments, and other key concepts
- Expert automated testing techniques to quickly improve code quality
- New Google Play Developer Console app publishing techniques that also offer more control
For Android developers at all levels of experience, this reference is now more valuable than ever. Students, instructors, and self-learners will especially appreciate new chapter-ending questions and exercises, carefully designed to test knowledge and deepen mastery.
Note: This revamped, newly titled edition is a complete update of Android™ Wireless Application Development, Volume I: Android Essentials, Third Edition
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
Page Count (est.): 672
Pub Date: 12/6/2013