This title has not yet been published (see below for estimated publication date). If you choose to preorder, your credit card or PayPal account will not be charged until then. You'll receive an email confirmation when we ship your order. You may cancel your order anytime by emailing email@example.com
Responsive design isn't merely another technique. It's a way of building sites and applications that requires a fundamental shift in approach. From planning to development, every aspect of building for the web is affected.
Course objectives & goals: This course arms its students with the skills necessary to start building quality responsive sites today. By the end of the course, students will know how to:
- Use fluid layouts, media queries and fluid images to create responsive layouts
- Use responsive image techniques to serve appropriately sized images to a variety of devices
- Ensure that the hierarchy of content is preserved across screen sizes
- Enhance the functionality of your site with feature detection
- Improve the performance of your site and avoid becoming another example of "fat" responsive design
- Adjust your existing workflow to better accomodate multi-device design and development
- Determine what devices to test on and how
Course Requirements: To get the most out of this course, you'll need your favorite code editor and ideally a couple of devices to test on. If you don't have a tablet and phone for testing, then you'll want to get ahold of a simulator or use one of the many device testing services online to follow along. You could, theoretically, follow along by resizing your browser, but I highly recommend against it-you'll get much more out of it by seeing how things behave on different devices.
User Level: Beginning/Intermediate
Mac: OS X 10.7.5+ and Safari 6.0+
PC: Windows Vista+ and Firefox 22+
Hardware: DVD-ROM drive
* This DVD-ROM can be viewed on your computer, but it will NOT play in a DVD movie player.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Peachpit Press
Page Count (est.): N/A
Pub Date: 2/26/2014