With up-to-the-minute content, this is the industryís most complete, useful guide to SQL Server 2012.
Youíll find start-to-finish coverage of SQL Serverís core database server and management capabilities: all the real-world information, tips, guidelines, and samples youíll need to create and manage complex database solutions. The additional online chapters add extensive coverage of SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, T-SQL programming, .NET Framework integration, and much more.
Authored by four expert SQL Server administrators, designers, developers, architects, and consultants, this book reflects immense experience with SQL Server in production environments. Intended for intermediate-to-advanced-level SQL Server professionals, it focuses on the productís most complex and powerful capabilities, and its newest tools and features.
- Understand SQL Server 2012ís newest features, licensing changes, and capabilities of each edition
- Manage SQL Server 2012 more effectively with SQL Server Management Studio, the SQLCMD command-line query tool, and Powershell
- Use Policy-Based Management to centrally configure and operate SQL Server
- Utilize the new Extended Events trace capabilities within SSMS
- Maximize performance by optimizing design, queries, analysis, and workload management
- Implement new best practices for SQL Server high availability
- Deploy AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Failover Cluster Instances to achieve enterprise-class availability and disaster recovery
- Leverage new business intelligence improvements, including Master Data Services, Data Quality Services and Parallel Data Warehouse
- Deliver better full-text search with SQL Server 2012ís new Semantic Search
- Improve reporting with new SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services features
Download the following from informit.com/title/9780672336928: Sample databases and code examples
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Sams Publishing
Page Count (est.): 1872
Pub Date: 12/13/2013