Dive deep inside the core engine of Microsoft SQL Server 2012—and put that practical knowledge to work. Led by a team of SQL Server experts, you’ll learn the skills you need to exploit key architectural features. Go behind the scenes to understand internal operations for building, expanding, shrinking, and moving databases—whether you’re a database developer, architect, or administrator.
Discover how to:
- Significantly reduce your query execution time using the right indexes
- Use event tracking—from triggers to the Extended Events Engine
- Transcend normal row-size limits with new storage capabilities
- Troubleshoot problematic query plans using multiple techniques
- Force SQL Server to reuse a cached query plan—or create a new one
- Choose among five isolation levels and two concurrency models
- Check SQL Server internal operations by running Database Console Commands
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Microsoft Press
Page Count (est.): 954
Pub Date: 12/3/2013