Expert recommendations, pragmatically applied.
Automate system administration using Windows PowerShell best practices—and optimize your operational efficiency. With this practical guide, Windows PowerShell expert and instructor Ed Wilson delivers field-tested tips, real-world examples, and candid advice culled from administrators across a range of business and technical scenarios. If you’re an IT professional with Windows PowerShell experience, this book is ideal.
Discover how to:
- Use Windows PowerShell to automate Active Directory tasks
- Explore available WMI classes and methods with CIM cmdlets
- Identify and track scripting opportunities to avoid duplication
- Use functions to encapsulate business logic and reuse code
- Design your script’s best input method and output destination
- Test scripts by checking their syntax and performance
- Choose the most suitable method for running remote commands
- Manage software services with Desired State Configuration
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Microsoft Press
Page Count (est.): 704
Pub Date: 1/5/2014