Focusing on the non-UI side of Windows app development, this guide delivers pragmatic guidance from a recognized master of Windows programming. Author Jeff Richter teams with Martin Van De Bospoort to deliver a thorough grounding in Windows Runtime architecture and environment, showing how to use your C# skills to create Windows Store apps
Get a thorough grounding in the Windows Runtime-and apply your C# skills to building innovative apps for the Windows Store. Guided by Jeff Richter, a recognized master of Windows programming, along with principal Windows consultant Maarten van de Bospoort, this book provides pragmatic guidance on the non-UI side of Windows development, and features a wealth of examples in Microsoft Visual C# 2012.
- Delve into the Windows Runtime architecture and environment
- Understand how to use Windows Runtime to create Windows 8 features from C#
- Examine process lifetime management architecture and its ramifications on background processing and state management
- Explore I/O models for storage and networking, and see how they're influenced by app isolation
- Review contracts and other extension points offered by the system that a Windows Runtime app can use
- Get practical insights on packaging, capabilities, installation, deployment, and other critical topics
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Microsoft Press
Page Count (est.): 292
Pub Date: 12/4/2013 Csharp