The Raspberry Pi has taken the world by storm. At under $40, this tiny device is a full-fledged PC that's already being used in home automation, robotics, home theater, and a world of other applications. Sams Teach Yourself Raspberry Pi Programming in 24 Hours guides you through every step of learning Python programming on Raspberry Pi, and gives you a springboard for creative projects on this immensely popular new platform.
Perfect for students, teachers, hobbyists, and anyone discovering the passion of "DIY" hardware projects, it combines the skills and inspiration you need to do what you want with the Raspberry Pi - not just someone else's "pre-packaged" ideas. Learn how to:
- Set up Raspberry Pi, Raspian Linux, and your Python programming environment
- Learn Python basics, including arithmetic and structured commands
- Master advanced techniques: lists, tuples, dictionaries, sets, strings, files, modules, and more
- Practice simple object-oriented programming
- Use exception handling to make your programs more reliable
- Start programming Graphical User Interfaces and games
- Learn network, web, and database techniques you can also use in business software
- Walk through example projects that inspire you to do even more
Richard Blum and Christine Bresnahan combine just the right depth of Python instruction with plenty of expert guidance and easy-to-understand examples. Throughout, their step-by-step instructions walk you through key tasks... Q and As, Quizzes, and Exercises test your knowledge... "Did You Know?" tips offer insider advice... "Watch Out!" alerts help you avoid problems. By the time you're finished, you won't just understand core Python and Raspberry Pi concepts: you'll be ready to create inspired original projects of your own.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Sams Publishing
Page Count (est.): 600
Pub Date: 10/30/2013