Learn to build software and hardware projects featuring the Raspberry Pi!
Raspberry Pi represents a new generation of computers that encourages the user to play and to learn and this unique book is aimed at the beginner Raspberry Pi user who is eager to get started creating real-world projects. Taking you on a journey of creating 16 practical projects, this fun and informative resource introduces you to the skills you need to have in order to make the most of the Pi. The book begins with a quick look at how to get the Pi up and running and then encourages you to dive into the array of exciting software and hardware projects.
Raspberry Pi Projects
- Features projects that use Python, which is Raspberry Pi's programming language of choice
- Includes projects for creating an information center for e-mail, twitter, Facebook, weather, train times, and more
- Shows you how to recreate Pong, Pacman, and Block Breaker or write tic tac toe
- Teaches you how to use Raspberry Pi's general purpose input/output port in order to speak to external hardware devices
- Walks you through creating an online burglar alarm with door sensors and pressure pads, computer-controlled slot car racing, swipe card door lock, and more
is an excellent way to dig deeper into the capabilities of the Pi and to have great fun while doing it.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Page Count (est.): 478
Pub Date: 12/23/2013