This title has not yet been published. If you choose to preorder, your credit card will not be charged until then. You'll receive an email confirmation when we ship your order. You may cancel your order anytime by emailing email@example.com
An ideal first step for learning about ham radio
Beyond being wireless, today's ham radio operators can transmit data and pictures; use the Internet, laser, and microwave transmitters; and travel to places high and low to make contact. This hands-on beginner guide reflects the operational and technical changes to amateur radio and provides you with updated licensing requirements and information, changes in digital communication (the Internet, social media, and GPS), and using e-mail via radio.
- Addresses the critical use of ham radios for replacing downed traditional communications during emergencies or natural disasters
- Provides updates to all documentation of the American Radio Relay League
- Explains recent changes to picking your own call sign
- Places a special emphasis on the major reasons people get into amateur radio: emergency communication, digital communication, do-it-yourself science
- Looks at online mapping and charting websites
Whether you're just getting turned on to ham radio or already have your license, Ham Radio for Dummies, 2nd Edition
helps you with the terminology, the technology and the talknology.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Wiley/For Dummies
Page Count (est.): 384
Pub Date: 8/12/2013