Best practices and step-by-step instructions for using the Tableau Software toolset
Although the Tableau Desktop interface is relatively intuitive, this book goes beyond the simple mechanics of the interface to show best practices for creating effective visualizations for specific business intelligence objectives. It illustrates little-known features and techniques for getting the most from the Tableau toolset, supporting the needs of the business analysts who use the product as well as the data and IT managers who support it.
This comprehensive guide covers the core feature set for data analytics, illustrating best practices for creating and sharing specific types of dynamic data visualizations. Featuring a helpful full-color layout, the book covers analyzing data with Tableau Desktop, sharing information with Tableau Server, understanding Tableau functions and calculations, and Use Cases for Tableau Software.
- Includes little-known, as well as more advanced features and techniques, using detailed, real-world case studies that the author has developed as part of his consulting and training practice
- Explains why and how Tableau differs from traditional business information analysis tools
- Shows you how to deploy dashboards and visualizations throughout the enterprise
- Provides a detailed reference resource that is aimed at users of all skill levels
- Depicts ways to leverage Tableau across the value chain in the enterprise through case studies that target common business requirements
- Endorsed by Tableau Software
Tableau Your Data! shows you how to build dynamic, best-of-breed visualizations using the Tableau Software toolset.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Page Count (est.): 528
Pub Date: 11/11/2013