A must-have hands-on guide for working in the cybersecurity profession
Cybersecurity refers to preventative methods to protect information from attacks and requires a thorough understanding of potential information threats, such as viruses and other malicious code. This essential book addresses cybersecurity strategies that include identity management, risk management, and incident management and it also serves as a detailed guide for anyone looking to enter the security profession. Doubling as the text for a cybersecurity course, this book is also a useful reference for cybersecurity testing, IT test/development, and system/network administration.
- Covers everything from basic network administration skills through advanced command line scripting, tool customization, and log analysis skills
- Dives deeper into such intense topics as wireshark/tcpdump filtering, Google hacks, Windows/Linux scripting, Metasploit command line, and tool customizations
- Delves into network administration for Windows, Linux, and VMware
- Examines penetration testing, cyber investigations, firewall configuration, and security tool customization
- Shares techniques for cybersecurity testing, planning, and reporting
This book is a comprehensive and authoritative look at the critical topic of cybersecurity.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Page Count (est.): 360
Pub Date: 11/4/2013