This title has not yet been published (see below for estimated publication date). If you choose to preorder, your credit card will not be charged until then. You'll receive an email confirmation when we ship your order. You may cancel your order anytime by emailing email@example.com
Learn the art and science of predictive analytics — techniques that get results
Predictive analytics is what translates big data into meaningful, usable business information. Written by a leading expert in the field, this guide examines the science of the underlying algorithms as well as the principles and best practices that govern the art of predictive analytics. It clearly explains the theory behind predictive analytics, teaches the methods, principles, and techniques for conducting predictive analytics projects, and offers tips and tricks that are essential for successful predictive modeling. Hands-on examples and case studies are included.
- The ability to successfully apply predictive analytics enables businesses to effectively interpret big data; essential for competition today
- This guide teaches not only the principles of predictive analytics, but also how to apply them to achieve real, pragmatic solutions
- Explains methods, principles, and techniques for conducting predictive analytics projects from start to finish
- Illustrates each technique with hands-on examples and includes as series of in-depth case studies that apply predictive analytics to common business scenarios
- A companion website provides all the data sets used to generate the examples as well as a free trial version of software
Applied Predictive Analytics arms data and business analysts and business managers with the tools they need to interpret and capitalize on big data.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Page Count (est.): 456
Pub Date: 2/24/2014