This title has not yet been published (see below for estimated publication date). If you choose to preorder, your credit card will not be charged until then. You'll receive an email confirmation when we ship your order. You may cancel your order anytime by emailing email@example.com
Combine business sense, statistics, and computers in a new and intuitive way, thanks to Big Data
Predictive analytics is a branch of data mining that helps predict probabilities and trends. Predictive Analytics For Dummies explores the power of predictive analytics and how you can use it to make valuable predictions for your business, or in fields such as advertising, fraud detection, politics, and others. This practical book does not bog you down with loads of mathematical or scientific theory, but instead helps you quickly see how to use the right algorithms and tools to collect and analyze data and apply it to make predictions.
Topics include using structured and unstructured data, building models, creating a predictive analysis roadmap, setting realistic goals, budgeting, and much more.
- Shows readers how to use Big Data and data mining to discover patterns and make predictions for tech-savvy businesses
- Helps readers see how to shepherd predictive analytics projects through their companies
- Explains just enough of the science and math, but also focuses on practical issues such as protecting project budgets, making good presentations, and more
- Covers nuts-and-bolts topics including predictive analytics basics, using structured and unstructured data, data mining, and algorithms and techniques for analyzing data
- Also covers clustering, association, and statistical models; creating a predictive analytics roadmap; and applying predictions to the web, marketing, finance, health care, and elsewhere
Propose, produce, and protect predictive analytics projects through your company with Predictive Analytics For Dummies.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Wiley/For Dummies
Page Count (est.): 384
Pub Date: 1/21/2014