Must-have book from one of the world's experts on threat modeling
Adam Shostak is responsible for security development lifecycle threat modeling at Microsoft and is one of a handful of threat modeling experts in the world. Now, he is sharing his considerable expertise into this unique book. With pages of specific actionable advice, he details how to build better security into the design of systems, software, or services from the outset. You'll explore various threat modeling approaches, find out how to test your designs against threats, and benefit from numerous examples of effective designs that have been validated at Microsoft and EMC.
Systems security managers, you'll find tools and a framework for structured thinking about what can go wrong. Software developers, you'll appreciate the jargon-free and accessible introduction to this essential skill. Security professionals, you'll learn to discern changing threats and discover the easiest ways to adopt a structured approach to threat modeling.
- Provides a unique how-to for security and software developers who need to design secure products and systems and test their designs
- Explains how to threat-model and explores various threat modeling approaches, such as asset-centric, attacker-centric and software-centric
- Provides numerous examples of current, effective designs that have been validated at Microsoft and EMC
- Offers actionable how-to advice not tied to any specific software, operating system, or programming language
- Authored by a Microsoft professional who is one of the most prominent threat modeling experts in the world
As more software is delivered on the Internet or operates on Internet-connected devices, the design of secure software is absolutely critical. Make sure you're ready with Threat Modeling: Designing for Security.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Page Count (est.): 336
Pub Date: 2/13/2014