Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) continues to be one of the leading Java technologies and platforms. Beginning Java EE 7 is the first tutorial book on Java EE 7.
Step by step and easy to follow, this book describes many of the Java EE 7 specifications and reference implementations, and shows them in action using practical examples. This definitive book also uses the newest version of GlassFish to deploy and administer the code examples.
Written by an expert member of the Java EE specification request and review board in the Java Community Process (JCP), this book contains the best information possible, from an expertís perspective on enterprise Java technologies.
What youíll learn
- Get started with the latest version of the Java EE Platform.
- Explore and use the EJB and JPA APIs from entities to session beans to message driven beans, and more.
- Discover web tier development APIs including JSF, Facelets and Expression Language.
- Uncover SOAP web services, RESTful web services, and more available in this latest Java EE.
- Create dynamic user interfaces for your enterprise and transactional Java applications.
Who this book is for
This book is for Java or Spring programmers with some experience and those new to Java EE platform. Architects will also find information about how to layer their Java EE applications.
Table of Contents
- Java EE 7 Environment
- Context and Dependency Injection
- Bean Validation
- Java Persistence API
- Object-Relational Mapping
- Managing Persistent Object
- Enterprise Java Beans
- Callbacks, Timer Service, and Authorization
- Interceptors and Transactions
- JavaServer Faces
- Processing and Navigation
- XML and JSON
- SOAP Web Services
- RESTful Web Service
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Page Count (est.): 608
Pub Date: 6/26/2013