Beginning EJB 3, Java EE 7 Edition is your learning guide to the new EJB 3.2 APIs. Learn how to use EJBs to develop powerful, standards-based backend business logic. With 20 years of combined EJB experience, the authors offer many practical insights into learning about and using EJBs in your own applications.
Targeted at Java and Java EE developers both with and without prior EJB experience, Beginning EJB 3, Java EE 7 Edition shows you how to use EJBs, giving you the knowledge to create the complex enterprise applications that run today's transactions and more.
EJBs have made huge advances in the ease of enterprise, server-side Java components and business logic development, and have drastically simplified programming models and design patterns. Use this book to harness their power and take your Java EE 7 development to the next level.
What you’ll learn
- Complete exploration of all types of beans, from session beans to message-driven beans and entity beans
- A deep look at the updated EJB 3 persistence and object-relational mappings
- Application client integration
- Testing inside and outside the EJB container
- Comprehensive sample application with integrated EJB components
- Avoid headaches and common issues encountered when migrating from older EJB to newest EJB APIs
Who this book is for
This book is for those Java and Java EE developers with and without prior EJB experience.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Page Count (est.): 452
Pub Date: 5/8/2013