Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel TXT) is a new security technology that started appearing on Intel server platforms in 2010. This book explains Intel Trusted Execution Technology for Servers, its purpose, application, advantages, and limitations. This book guides the server administrator / data center manager in enabling the technology as well as establishing a launch control policy that he can use to customize the server’s boot process to fit the data center’s requirements. This book explains how the OS (typically a Virtual Machine Monitor or Hypervisor) and supporting software can build on the secure facilities afforded by Intel TXT to provide additional security features and functions. It provides examples how the data center can create and use trusted pools.
What you’ll learn
- First it explains why TXT is important and the underlying principles (why it is effective).
- Next it explains how to enable and provision TXT and then explain Launch Control Policy – how to create a policy, discuss trade-offs in determining the right policy for the data center, and walk the reader through the process for establishing the policy.
- Demonstrate how to set up and use trusted pools and other advanced concepts such as Geo-tagging.
- It walks the reader through the process of making Intel TXT work for them and understand that TXT is a building block for current and future enhanced security concepts.
Who this book is for
Primary audience is the Data Center Manager and IT Organization. It will be valuable to Executives that need to understand enhanced server security and will provide a guide to OSVs and ISVs not only to understand the application of TXT but also the new opportunities that TXT enables and ways that the OS and applications can take advantage of those new capabilities. This book applies to Cloud Computing since TXT can be used to provide additional security for both public and private clouds.
Table of Contents
- Principals of TXT
- TXT Provisioning
- Launch Control Policy
- Opportunities for the OSV and ISVs
- Creating a More Secure Data Center
- Trusted Pools and Cloud Compliance Support
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Page Count (est.): 156
Pub Date: 9/25/2013