Windows 8 has been described by Microsoft as its ‘boldest’ Windows release ever and the 8.1 update enhances the paradigm further. Beginning Windows 8.1 takes you through the new features and helps you get more out of the familiar to reveal the fullest possibilities for this amazing new operating system.
You will learn, with non-technical language used throughout, how to get up and running in the new Windows interface, minimize downtime, maximize productivity, and harness the features you never knew existed to take control of your computer and enjoy the peace of mind and excitement that comes with it.
From tips and tweaks to easy-to-follow guides and detailed descriptions, this book takes you inside Windows 8.1 to discover the true power and flexibility that lies within, and guides you at your own pace through getting the very best from it.
What you’ll learn
- About the ins and outs of the Windows 8 interface and its new features
- How to personalize your Windows experience to give trouble-free performance
- How to use your computer to connect to devices and services in the home, at work, and on the move
- How to maximize your productivity with Windows 8
- How to secure and configure Windows 8 to guarantee a safe and secure experience
- How to use hack and manipulate Windows to enable advanced customization
Who this book is for
Beginning Windows 8.1 is for people new to Windows or who just want toget up to speed with Windows 8. This book also can help people who already know how to perform routine tasks learn how to get more out of Windows, their computer and their time. Whether you want to get up and running with Windows 8, or want to go to the next level and learn useful ways to minimize problems, maximize performance, and optimize your overall Windows experience, this book is for you.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Page Count (est.): 612
Pub Date: 10/16/2013