Get a concise introduction to Spring, the popular open source framework for building lightweight enterprise applications on the Java platform. This example-driven book for Java developers delves into the framework’s basic features, as well as complex concepts such as containers. You’ll learn how Spring makes Java Messaging Service easier to work with, and how its support for Hibernate helps you work with data persistence and retrieval.
In this revised edition of Just Spring, you’ll get your hands deep into sample code, beginning with a problem that illustrates Spring’s core principle: dependency injection. In the chapters that follow, author Madhusudhan Konda walks you through features that underlie the solution.
- Dive into the new chapter on advanced concepts, such as bean scopes and property editors
- Learn dependency injection through a simple object coupling problem
- Tackle the framework’s core fundamentals, including beans and bean factories
- Discover how Spring makes the Java Messaging Service API easier to use
- Learn how Spring has revolutionized data access with Java DataBase Connectivity (JDBC)
- Use Spring with the Hibernate framework to manipulate data as objects
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Page Count (est.): 96
Pub Date: 8/2/2011