If you’re an experienced programmer willing to crunch data, this concise guide will show you how to use machine learning to work with email. You’ll learn how to write algorithms that automatically sort and redirect email based on statistical patterns. Authors Drew Conway and John Myles White approach the process in a practical fashion, using a case-study driven approach rather than a traditional math-heavy presentation.
This book also includes a short tutorial on using the popular R language to manipulate and analyze data. You’ll get clear examples for analyzing sample data and writing machine learning programs with R.
- Mine email content with R functions, using a collection of sample files
- Analyze the data and use the results to write a Bayesian spam classifier
- Rank email by importance, using factors such as thread activity
- Use your email ranking analysis to write a priority inbox program
- Test your classifier and priority inbox with a separate email sample set
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Page Count (est.): 148
Pub Date: 11/3/2011