This title has not yet been published (see below for estimated publication date). If you choose to preorder, your credit card will not be charged until then. You'll receive an email confirmation when we ship your order. You may cancel your order anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Cinder is a peer-reviewed, free, open source C++ library for creative coding— a toolbox that enables artists, designers, and makers to program graphics, audio, video, networking, image processing, and computational geometry. With this book, you’ll learn how to use Cinder’s computer vision capabilities, and how input from digital cameras and the Kinect can be used to generate imagery and video.
You’ll pursue a different project in each chapter, using a more robust platform for production-quality code than tools like Processing. Although the code is in C++, you’ll use classes and libraries in the Cinder API to simplify programming.
- Provides complete tutorials for using Cinder and the Kinect for computer vision
- Illustrates how to implement computer vision tasks such as Blob Tracking, Triangulation, and physics integration
- Demonstrates how a computer can be used to recognize real world objects
- Teaches you how to read poses and gestures with the Kinect
- Helps you map 3D spaces using two Kinects
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Page Count (est.): 175
Pub Date: 4/15/2014 CPlusPlus