Considered throughout the Oracle technology community to be the best Oracle PL/SQL programming book available, this guide is the definitive reference on Oracle's powerful procedural language. Like its predecessors, this sixth edition covers language fundamentals, advanced coding techniques, and best practices for using PL/SQL.
Thoroughly updated for Oracle Database 12c Release 1, this edition is packed with syntax, advice, and a great deal of new information. Extensive code samples, ranging from easy-to-follow examples to reusable packaged utilities, are available in the book and on the companion website.
- Get PL/SQL programs up and running quickly, with clear instructions for executing, tracing, testing, debugging, and managing PL/SQL code
- Understand new 12.1 features, including the ACCESSIBLE_BY clause, WITH FUNCTION, BEQUEATH CURRENT_USER for views, and new conditional compilation directives
- Optimize PL/SQL performance with tools and techniques such as PL/Scope and the PL/SQL hierarchical profiler
- Explore datatypes, conditional and sequential control statements, loops, exception handling, security features, globalization and localization issues, and the PL/SQL architecture
- Build modular PL/SQL applications using procedures, functions, triggers, and packages
Use the updated online resources available on the book's companion website to accelerate development of your own code
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Page Count (est.): 1326
Pub Date: 2/16/2014