Is your organization rapidly accumulating more information than you know how to manage? This book helps you create an enterprise search solution based on more than just technology. Author Martin White shows you how to plan and implement a managed search environment that meets the needs of your business and your employees. Learn why itís vital to have a dedicated staff manage your search technology and support your users.
In one survey, 93% of executives said their organization is losing revenue because theyíre not fully able to use the information they collect. With this book, business managers, IT managers, and information professionals can maximize the value of corporate information and data assets.
- Use 12 critical factors to gauge your organizationís search needs
- Learn how to make a business case for search
- Research your user requirements and evaluate your current search solution
- Create a support team with technical skills and organizational knowledge to manage your solution
- Set quality guidelines for organizational content and metadata
- Get an overview of open source and commercial search technology
- Choose an application based on your requirements, not for its features
- Make mobile and location-independent search part of your solution
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Page Count (est.): 192
Pub Date: 12/7/2012