Through the advice and guidance of an iPad expert, this fully updated edition of iPad: The Missing Manual shows readers how to get the most out of the iPad, iPad Mini, and the iPad's new operating system, iOS7.
With a redesigned iOS 7 operating system, the iPad and iPad Mini are jam-packed with new features-including iTunes Radio, multitasking, and Lock-screen access to settings and apps. But to tap your iPad's potential, you need a trustworthy owner's manual. This bestselling book shows you how to import, create, and play back media; sync and shop wirelessly; keep in touch over the Internet; and even take care of business.
The important stuff you need to know
- Take your media with you. Fill your iPad with music, photos, movies, TV shows, games, and podcasts.
- Swipe up. Access controls and apps-such as WiFi, Airplane mode, music, the calculator, and camera-from anywhere, including the Lock screen.
- Swipe down. Go straight to the Notification Center from any screen for new mail, missed calls, to-do lists, and more.
- Go online. Surf at warp speed with the streamlined Safari browser and the iPad's ultrafast WiFi connection or 4G LTE network.
- Multitask the smart way. Move between apps quickly and learn how iOS 7 works behind the scenes.
- Get the whole picture. Use new camera formats and filters to take photos and videos the way you want them.
- Share info quickly. Send photos, videos, contacts, or documents to someone right next to you with the new AirDrop.
- Turn on iTunes Radio. Listen to hundreds of Internet radio stations, build your own personalized station, and track everything you hear.
- Find an app near you. Get a collection of popular apps relevant to your current location.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Page Count (est.): 384
Pub Date: 11/29/2013