You want to learn C# programming, but you're not sure you want to suffer through another tedious technical book. You're in luck: Head First C# introduces this language in a fun, visual way. You'll quickly learn everything from creating your first program to learning sophisticated coding skills with C# 5.0, Visual Studio 2012, and the .NET 4.5 Framework, while avoiding common errors that frustrate many students.
The third edition offers several hands-on labs along the way to help you build and test programs using skills you've learned up to that point. In the final lab, you'll put everything together. From objects to garbage collection and from exceptions to interactions, you'll learn C# in a way that engages and entertains your brain. Here are a few of the topics you'll learn:
- Start by building a useful application with pre-built components in Visual Studio 2012
- Discover how objects work, using real-world examples
- Store numbers, text, and other basic data types using primitives
- Save complex data in files and databases with great C# tools
- Build intuitive and easy-to-use interfaces by following simple rules
- Design your code to catch exceptions—things you don't expect
- Develop good programming habits, such as refactoring code and applying unit tests
- Learn how web services put your programs in touch with the rest of the world
- Make it easy for other people to install your software
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Page Count (est.): 960
Pub Date: 9/6/2013 Csharp