Get up to speed on the latest Ethernet capabilities for building and maintaining networks for everything from homes and offices to data centers and server machine rooms. This thoroughly revised, comprehensive guide covers a wide range of Ethernet technologies, from basic operation to network management, based on the authorsí many years of field experience.
When should you upgrade to higher speed Ethernet? How do you use switches to build larger networks? How do you troubleshoot the system? This book provides the answers. If youíre looking to build a scalable network with Ethernet to satisfy greater bandwidth and market requirements, this book is indeed the definitive guide.
- Examine the most widely used media systems, as well as advanced 40 and 100 gigabit Ethernet
- Learn about Ethernetís four basic elements and the IEEE standards
- Explore full-duplex Ethernet, Power over Ethernet, and Energy Efficient Ethernet
- Understand structured cabling systems and the components you need to build your Ethernet system
- Use Ethernet switches to expand and improve network design
- Delve into Ethernet performance, from specific channels to the entire network
- Get troubleshooting techniques for problems common to twisted-pair and fiber optic systems
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Page Count (est.): 480
Pub Date: 3/29/2014