Introduction to Networks Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the Introduction to Networks course in the Cisco® Networking Academy® CCNA® Routing and Switching curriculum.
The course introduces the architecture, structure, functions, components, and models of the Internet and computer networks. The principles of IP addressing and fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations are introduced to provide a foundation for the curriculum. By the end of the course, you will be able to build simple LANs, perform basic configurations for routers and switches, and implement IP addressing schemes.
The Companion Guide is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere to reinforce the material from the course and organize your time.
The book’s features help you focus on important concepts to succeed in this course:
- Chapter Objectives–Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key Terms–Refer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter.
- Glossary–Consult the comprehensive Glossary with more than 195 terms.
- Summary of Activities and Labs–Maximize your study time with this complete list of all associated practice exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Check Your Understanding–Evaluate your readiness with the end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see in the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Cisco Press
Page Count (est.): 720
Pub Date: 12/15/2013