Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 2 (ICND2), is the Cisco-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCNA foundation learning. This book provides you with the knowledge needed to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium-size branch office enterprise network, including configuring several switches and routers, connecting to a WAN, and implementing network security.
In Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 2 (ICND2), you will study actual router and switch output to aid your understanding of how to configure these devices. Many notes, tips, and cautions are also spread throughout the book. Specific topics include constructing medium-size routed and switched networks, OSPF and EIGRP implementation, access control lists (ACL), address space management, and LAN extensions into a WAN. Chapter-ending review questions illustrate and help solidify the concepts presented in the book.
Whether you are preparing for CCNA certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of how to build medium-size Cisco networks, you will benefit from the foundation information presented in this book.
Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 2 (ICND2), is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
- Review the Cisco IOSŪ Software command structure for routers and switches
- Build LANs and understand how to overcome problems associated with Layer 2 switching
- Evaluate the differences between link-state and distance vector routing protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot OSPF in a single area
- Configure and troubleshoot EIGRP
- Identify and filter traffic with ACLs
- Use Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT) to conserve IPv4 address space and implement IPv6
- Connect different sites over WANs or the Internet using IPsec VPN, SSL VPN, leased line, and Frame Relay connections
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco PressŪ. Books in this series provide officially developed self-study solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.
Unless otherwise noted above, most orders ship within 1 to 2 days. We will promptly notify you if there is a stock problem with any items on your order and provide you with an estimated delivery date. If you have a firm need by date, please provide such information in the comment section at checkout.
Publisher: Cisco Press
Page Count (est.): 500
Pub Date: 9/30/2013